Sean King

My photo
San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ted Haggard's New Life

Washington Post: "My spiritual life was wonderfully empowering for me in the midst of the struggle. But it wasn't the solution," [Haggard] says.

"I needed a therapist."

Decades in the ministry failed to prepare him for this.

"I thought, 'I don't need to go to a therapist!' I mean I didn't even understand therapy. 'Jesus is the solution to everything!' " he says. "And I personally believe now that this process has occurred so that I would get the therapy I needed. I believe my therapy is the answer to 30 years of prayer about this subject. And so I am very grateful for the decision of the overseers and the restorers and I'm so thrilled about the way my life is now. I'm the man now that -- no, no, no, that's not true. I am becoming the man now that everybody thought I was then."

No comments: