Sean King

My photo
San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chicago Tradition

In light of recent events in Illinois, I took the liberty of reworking Hank Williams Jr.'s Family Tradition lyrics to better reflect the Chicago Way.

So, here's Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich singing his version of Hank Williams, Jr.'s famous tune:

Now Chicago politicians
Have always been a real close family
But lately some of my kin folks
Have disowned a few others and me
I guess its because
I kinda lost my discretion
Lord, I was just upholding the Chicago Tradition

They get on me wanna know Rod
Why did you speak?
(Rod) How could you get caught
Tryin to sell that Obama's seat?
Over and over
Everybody made my prediction
So if i get jailed
I'm just carryin'
On an old Chicago Tradition

I was very proud
Of my in-law's name
Even though his choice landfill
And mine weren't quite the same
Stop and think it over
Put yourself in my position
If I get jailed and sing all night long
It's a Chicago Tradition

Don't ask me Rod
Why did you speak?
(Rod) How did you get caught
Tryin to sell that Obama's seat?
If I'm in a penitentiary
All my friends tryin to keep me from singin
I'll say leave me alone
I'm singin all night long
it's a Chicago Tradition

I've had my share of cronies
And I have loved Rezko
And they all helped elect me
As Gov in 2003
So now when they all ask me
Son how'd you get in this condition
I said hey suckers I'm just carryin on
an old Chicago Tradition

So don't ask me Rod
Why did you speak?
(Rod)How did you get caught
Tryin to sell that Obama's seat?
Stop and think it over
Try and put yourself in my unique position
So I don't get stoned, I'll sing all night long
It's a Chicago Tradition!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You wrote this? I had no idea you were so creative!

-- Your Sister