Sean King

My photo
San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oh Please! Spare Me The Drama

Susan Jacoby: Like everyone else, I am worried about the economy and the financial panic I sense around me. But I am absolutely terrified--I tremble for my country--by the rage that has been expressed at Republican campaign rallies during the past two weeks. It is a rage that partakes of the worst forces in American history--xenophobia, racism, anti-intellectualism, religious fanaticism, envy, and utter contempt for truth and reason. Lest anyone suggest that this is a bipartisan phenomenon, I should point out that no one at Obama rallies is calling out for anyone to kill the other candidate.


Give me a break! Apparently Ms. Jacoby trembles not at the likes of this or this or this or this.

Shall I continue?

There are nuts on both sides, but to suggest that McCain is somehow attracting more than his fair share is silly at best and disingenuous at worst.


UPDATE: Secret Service says "Kill him" allegation unfounded. Perhaps Ms. Jacoby will stop trembling now.

No comments: